Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Lame Excuses

Why didn't you complete the study guide?

"The internet was down on campus."
The internet was down the ENTIRE weekend. I received emails from some of you.

"I don't get your emails on the school's email account."
I told you that if you preferred you could give me another email address. None of you chose to do that.

"Can I show you my work tomorrow, cause I didn't have time to do this."
No. I don't care if you chose to complete the study guide. But given that most of you scored in the 50-60 range, you might want to try to listen to the review AND work through the study guide for yourself.

2 comments:

mgm said...

P-O, don't you know that, to quote ole George, "It's hard work." I mean, come on, you expect them to balance all those keggers they go to with all that work you require them to do!?!?

It's so frustrating. I feel your pain! I've got one student whose printer is broken A LOT (okay, only twice but still!. So what does she do? She emails her assignments to me, which basically tells me she's doing her assignments 20 minutes before class and doesn't have time to find an alternate printer. That really annoys me.

participant-observer said...

It could also mean that, like my students, she is too cheap to buy a new ink cartridge or print in the library.
Either way the level of pride in their work is simply stunning.