Sunday, September 30, 2007

Circling the Drain

Your students are so disrespectful that you walked out of class?!? They say they have nothing to learn from you. Maybe the curriculum is too easy for them. (Would that be the curriculum YOU design and hold me to?) Have you tried SITTING IN A CIRCLE? (Oh, because when I stand in the front of the room, I might seem like a professor that should be respected?) Did you set community standards to follow like I suggested? (Begrudgingly, yes I did.) Oh you did. Hmm.... I'll come by your class; there are lots of different teaching styles you could use. (You're right it must be my approach to teaching and not their attitudes.)

Come on, are you kidding me?

P.S. This is really not helping to bolster my confidence as I apply to PhD programs...teaching abilities, mental stability?!?

1 comment:

mgm said...

Oh, man. That sounds awful. You must be so frustrated, though it seems as if your dept. chair or whoever that is is trying to be helpful . . . or are they just empty, obligatory questions?

I hope things get better.