Monday, September 24, 2007

WTF Moments

1. I spent Saturday night at a party where (1) I was the oldest person, (2) I was asked if I would buy a bra used, (3) an inebriated young woman talked to me about the various uses of POOP, and (4) I was called the matriarch of the party.
Also a law student there felt inclined to tell me that he hates cats once he found out I had one. I replied that I hated lawyers.

2. Today at the grocery I realized Jeff Foxworthy has his own brand of beef jerky.

3. My students had to email me a 300 word "paper" about what their college expectations are. It is worth 10% of their grade and the assignment included 5 questions they could answer. I had one student turn it in late and one not turn it in at all. Come on... this is the EASIEST assignment you will get in college.

1 comment:

auto ethnographer said...

What can I say, one day the pay will be ever so slightly better! I am so jaded that now, when a student doesn't turn a paper in or fails to write the essay, I practically fall all over myself with joy that it's one less paper to GRADE!!