Thursday, August 9, 2007

Apathy

My level of apathy towards my writing this week is astounding, even for me. Last night, I did manage to at least crack a book and ponder its relevance to my section on theory, but I did not take the all important next step of getting up and going to the laptop, much less turning my mental meanderings into a coherent paragraph or two.
My personal deadline of September 1 has mysteriously morphed into the first week of September and I will not allow it to go beyond that, at least that is my stance today.

1 comment:

auto ethnographer said...

Yes, it is clearly the season of apathy. Hallmark should have a line of cards on this topic JUST for university bookstores. Of course we'd all buy them from Amazon for half or a third the price. As if the season isn't bad enough, I was in the office today and my office neighbor (to the west) was playing chess on his computer...click click click. Click, click, click. I've got to find some white noise to drown out his game playing (and his snoring), and for that matter, all other utterances...