Monday, January 14, 2008

googling the day away

I had a really productive weekend that included thesis work and house cleaning, but I have been a slug all day today!
I did have a good chuckle at these comments grad students wanted to write on papers, but couldn't.
This makes me ponder what my contributions would be... I did write on a paper "3 inch margins, you have got to be kidding me," but the student didn't come to the last class so she never saw it.
I've always felt like writing, "Congratulations, I've spent more time on this paper than you did."

What are yours?

1 comment:

mgm said...

I love love love "Nice thesis. Pull my finger." Heeeee-larious! The one about the suicide note is great, too.

One semester, I resorted to writing "huh?" because I was so tired of writing something intelligent and analytic about thesis statements that went something like "Affirmative action is good/bad."

Oh, and I just love "congratulations, I've spent more time on this paper than you did." How many times have I discovered that to be true!