Monday, September 22, 2008

Exhausted

16.5 hours of GRE cramming this weekend+extreme levels of anxiety+having to prepare for lecture today!
................................................

During GRE class I came to fully understand how much I must show I am not annoying and would make an excellent grad student in my personal statement; I would have shot 9/15 students within the first semester of working with them!

Also, the smart instructor pointed out that no matter how much you study there will be words that no one knows on the test. His example? "COOPER" Um... someone that makes barrels (evidently, I'm the first to ever know what it is... and yes I knew the meaning before my stint in the wine industry) I think I learned cooper with blacksmith and mason in 6th grade history. Also we live near major wine area of the world... has no one ever read a book about a winery?

1 comment:

academic poser said...

You're one of two.
Yet anther example that the GRE is not a test of intelligence. :)